The role of social work and human service organisations should not be underestimated. They fill a gap in society that cannot be fulfilled by governments and people in their individual capacities. These organisations face many challenges and issues as they provide essential services and professional support to people in need. For this very episode, the focus is put again on the type of leadership provided in social work organisations because it then impacts the level of success experienced by the staff and all other stakeholders. In recent years, more focus has been given to agile leadership and its potential positive impact on achieving the set goals and objectives it provides. This podcast will provide insights into agile leadership in social work organisations. We will start with what it is and will discuss later how it could change the work in these organisations. What I will present in the following is a short summary of the research, I undertook the last few days.
- Attar, M., & Abdul-Kareem, A. (2020). The Role of Agile Leadership in Organisational Agility. In Agile Business Leadership Methods for Industry 4.0. Emerald Publishing Limited.
- Batool, N. (2020). The Role of Emotional Intelligence in Agile Team Composition as Mediator in Software Project Success with Transformational Leadership as Moderator (Doctoral dissertation, Capital University).
- Benjamin, L. M., Voida, A., & Bopp, C. (2018). Policy fields, data systems, and the performance of nonprofit human service organizations. Human Service Organizations: Management, Leadership & Governance, 42(2), 185-204.
- Breakspear, S. (2017). Embracing Agile Leadership for Learning: how leaders can create impact despite growing complexity. Australian Educational Leader, 39(3), 68-71.
- Morrison, E., Hutcheson, S., Nilsen, E., Fadden, J., & Franklin, N. (2019). Strategic doing: Ten skills for agile leadership. John Wiley & Sons.
- Peters, S. C., & Hopkins, K. (2019). Validation of a measure of social work leadership. Human Service Organizations: Management, Leadership & Governance, 43(2), 92-110.
For more information visit my blog: maik-arnold.de Thank you for listening. If you liked this episode please leave a review on the iTunes / Apple Podcasts website. If you’ve got any thoughts on this episode, or if you’ve got an idea about new podcast topics or question you’d like us to discuss, send an audio file or voice note to email@example.com. For any non-audio comments, drop a tweet or DM to @profmanagement on Twitter or Instagram, please.